Article 1 definitions
In this complaints regulation the following definitions apply:
a. complaint: every written statement of dissatisfaction of or on behalf of the client towards the lawyer or persons acting under his responsibility regarding the formation and execution of an agreement of assignment, the quality of the service or the amount of the invoice, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Advocatenwet;
b. complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint;
Article 2 scope of application
1. This complaints procedure applies to every assignment agreement between Uittenbogaart Advocatuur and the client.
2. Uittenbogaart Advocatuur is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the complaints procedure.
Article 3 objectives
This complaints regulation aims to:
a. establish a procedure to handle complaints from clients in a constructive manner within a reasonable period of time;
b. establish a procedure to determine the causes of complaints from clients;
c. maintaining and improving existing relationships through good complaint handling;
d. improvement of the quality of the services by means of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Article 4 information at the start of service
1. This complaints procedure has been made public through publication on the website of Uittenbogaart Advocatuur. The lawyer informs the client or, when entering into the contract for services, that the office applies a complaints procedure and that this applies to the service provision.
2. Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of these complaints regulations that have not been resolved after handling can be submitted to the competent court of the District Court of The Hague.
Article 5 internal complaint procedure
If a client is not satisfied with the statement (or attitude) of the lawyer and this complaint is made, the following treatment program will apply:
a. If it concerns a telephone complaint, this telephone call must be recorded in an internal memo.
b. The lawyer draws up a reply letter that will be sent to the complaining client.
c. If the complainant persists, he is invited for an interview.
d. If the complaints are not resolved in this meeting, the matter will be submitted for assessment to Mr. T. Thissen, independent and self-employed lawyer at Alphen aan den Rijn.
e. If the assessment of Mr. Thissen does not lead to a solution either, the complainant is informed of the possibility of submitting the complaint to the competent court of The Hague District Court.
Article 6 confidentiality and free complaint handling
1. Uittenbogaart Advocatuur will observe confidentiality in the handling of complaints.
2. The complainant is not liable for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
1. Uittenbogaart Advocatuur is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
2. Uittenbogaart Advocatuur will keep the complaint file up to date.
3. Uittenbogaart Advocatuur registers the complaint in the complaint file with the complaint subject.
4. A complaint can be divided into several topics.
5. Uittenbogaart Advocatuur evaluates the complaints half-yearly and, if necessary, modifies the policy to prevent new complaints and to improve procedures.